About Levamin 10% Injection
LEVAMIN 10% infusion offer all essential & non essential amino acid for intravenous infusion 10% in 200 ml Glass Bottle.
LEVAMIN 10% is used in the treatment of negative nitrogen balance in the patients where..
- ✓ The Alimentary tract, by the oral, Gastrostomy or Jejunostomy route, cannot or should not be used
- ✓ GI absorption of protein is impaired
- ✓ Metabolic requirements for protein are substantially increased, as with extensive burns.
The absolute day to day portion of LEVAMIN 10% relies upon the patients metabolic prerequisite and clinic reaction.
Everyday amino corrosive dosages of roughly 1.0 to 1.5g/kg of body weight for grown –up with satisfactory calories are by and large adequate to fulfill protein needs and advance positive nitrogen balance.
Central vein administration: Central vein mixture ought to be viewed as when amino corrosive solutions are to be admixed with hypertonic dextrose to advance protein union, for example, for hyper catabolic or drained patients or those requiring long term Parenteral Nutrition.
Peripheral Vein Administration : For patients in whom the focal vein course is not indicated, amino corrosive
arrangement weakened with low dextrose fixations might be mixed by peripheral vein when enhanced with or without fat emulsion. Protein-Sparing : dilute amino corrosive answers for fringe organization might be utilized in patients who embody no clinically critical protein ailing health.
BENEFITS OF AMINO ACID INFUSIONS:
- It will help in improve nitrogen balance
- Enhanced protein synthesis
- Hepatic lipogenesis
- Facilitates the skeletal muscle mass
- Helps in reduced post operative shivering ,restoring core body temperature
- Increase renal plasma flow & glomerular filtration rate in cirrhosis
Impacts of parenteral amino corrosive supplementation (identical to 1 g/kg/day) throughout 3hrs on entire body protein turnover in basically sick patients in the emergency unit during the primary week after affirmation
Parenteral amino corrosive supplementation altogether further developed protein balance on the two events,structure a middle of -4 to 7 umol phenylalanine/kg/hr.(p=0.001)on the primary review day & from a middle of 0 to +12umol phenylalanine/kg/hr.(0.018) on the second review day.
– Keep out of reach of children.
– Do not use after the expiry date.
– Store at room temperature (15-25ºC).